Repair Rates Instruments for
& Piccolos Mouthpieces
Steve Goodson Alto Sax
Sold July 2009
This alto is in excellent condition.
- Excellent playing condition
- Excellent physical/mechanical condition
- Excellent cosmetic condition
Black kangaroo leather pads show little/no wear...sealing well, adjusted and regulated.
This horn has three custom 'risers' installed:
A Cork riser on the lefthand thumbrest.
Rubber riser on the side Bb key fingertouch.
Cork Riser on the low Bb fingertouch.
...any and all easily removable if they don't suit you.
And the list of features is immense...here it goes:
- Keyed from low Bb to high F#
Altissimo Octave Key: Aids in attaining the range above high F#.
This key is conveniently located adjacent to the regular octave key.
- Free Resonance
Four-Point Bell-to-Body Brace: Located relatively low on the bell, it allows the end of the bell
to vibrate more freely, increasing projection and resonance.
- Threaded Neck and Rifled Octave Pips:Rifled octave pips improve response, eliminates the annoying “hiss” often
heard in the upper octaves. More mass in the neck ring for top-end response and evenness of timbre throughout the saxophone.
Threaded neck eliminates "motor boating" while increasing low end response.
Upper Stack Speaker Key: Corrects the intonation problems inherent with the notes A2 and above, venting the 'stuffy'
notes on the cusp of the registers in the upper stack.
Double Arms on Bell Keys and Low C Key: The extra support helps eliminate leaks and gives a positive feel with
no key flex.
- F# Helper Bar: Reduces leakage on the lower stack and improves low note response.
Triple ring neckstrap attachment point.
- High-Copper Content, Hand-Hammered Bell, Bow and Body Tube:
Giving unmatched response
and tonal complexity.
Greater resonance is achieved by increasing copper and decreasing zinc from the alloy.
- Elaborate, Hand-Cut Engraving: The bell, bell flare, bow, body tube, and neck are all fully engraved. Engraving done
before plated and lacquered which prevents future oxidation.
- Gold-Plated Finish: This Steve Goodson Model alto saxophone is finished
in gold plate and then fully clear coated with an ultra-thin epoxy lacquer for durability and low maintenance.
- Deluxe backpack-style case: - Easily transport your saxophone and free your hands. Plenty of room for accessories too.
- Flat spring on G# lever arm: Helps lift the G# key in case it wants to stick.
- A to Bb Bis Adjustment Screw.
- Ultra-comfortable Saxgourmet
right-hand Thumbhook: Plated to match the instrument's finish.
- Black Roo pads with Solid brass hand-fitted Noyak resonators made from the same brass as the body.
Check out the Goodson Tenor I have for sale.